Welcome to the Preschool Technical Assistance Network (PTAN) website, a resource for parents and professionals concerned with the education, care and well-being of New Hampshire’s young children with special needs.
PTAN is a statewide technical assistance and support network that promotes quality, developmentally appropriate and culturally competent early care and education/special education programs. It is a project of the Southeastern Regional Education Service Center (SERESC), a non-profit education collaborative in Bedford, NH.
PTAN activities are directly responsive to the mission and vision of its funders, the Bureau of Special Education/NH Department of Education, the Child Development Bureau/NH Department of Health and Human Services and over forty school district’s statewide. PTAN funders share infrastructure costs allowing each to focus maximum funds on their goals for improving outcomes for children and families.
PTAN project activities are uniformly grounded in five guiding principles:
- Children with special needs are children first.
- Parents know their children best. Quality programs prioritize partnerships with parents
- Quality programs offer children developmentally appropriate activities and experiences in safe and caring environments
- Quality programs are respectful of and responsive to the unique qualities of children and their families
- Collaboration results in better and more cost effective programs for children and families.