PTAN is developing a coaching cohort to support the implementation of the Pyramid Model. These content coaches will work with practitioners supporting preschool children with disabilities in NH school districts participating in iSocial, the NH SSIP (State Systemic Improvement Plan).
To download the description and application click here: iSocialCoachApplication
We are seeking professionals who possess a deep knowledge of early childhood education and special education, familiarity with the Pyramid Model (http://www.PyramidModel.org) and the skills to share their expertise and perspective with their colleagues through coaching. Coaches are required to have completed a 2-day Expert Coach training and a 2-day TPOT (Teaching Pyramid Observation Tool) training prior to beginning coaching. Both of these Pyramid Model Consortium trainings will be offered at no cost to identified applicants. Dates for the trainings are: Expert Coach Training on 7/25 and 7/26/17 and TPOT (Teaching Pyramid Observation Tool) Training on 8/29 and 8/30/17. Coaches will not be paid to attend these trainings as this is a minimum requirement for the position. iSocial coaches will provide services during the FY’18 school year to practitioners in school districts identified by the Department of Education Bureau of Special Education.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, special education or related field; Master’s degree or higher preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience in early childhood education and special education
- Familiarity with the Pyramid Model (http://www.PyramidModel.org) including:
- Completion of Modules One and Two prior to participation in expert coach training
- Completion of Expert Coach and TPOT training
- Previous professional experience as a coach, consultant or mentor
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with representatives from NH DOE, PTAN, Race2K, school district personnel, and families
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality regarding sensitive documents and communication
- Access to a dedicated computer with email capability and word processing software (preferably Microsoft Word); video conferencing capability preferred
- Familiarity with sending and receiving emails and attached documents and working within a variety of web-based communication platforms
- iSocial Coach Expectations
- Provide at least eight hours per month of content coaching per designated classroom team and/or individual in person, by phone, or via web-based platforms
- Participate in coaching cohort meetings and communication in person, by phone, or via web-based platforms
- Maintain and submit accurate electronic and paper-based records in a secure manner to preserve confidentiality
- Compensation: Compensation will be $65.00 per hour for provision of content coaching and participation in related meetings, to include travel time.
- Application Procedures: Submit the application materials below to Joan Izen, PTAN Project Director by email (email@example.com), mail (SERESC, 29 Commerce Drive, Bedford, NH 03110) or fax (603-206-6599). Clearly mark “iSocial Coach Application” on email, mail or fax.
Applications are due by Friday April 14, 2017. All applications will be reviewed by PTAN project staff and members of the NH Department of Education, Bureau of Special Education, and other designees as appropriate. PTAN at SERESC is under no obligation to interview all applicants.
Application materials to include:
- Letter of interest detailing professional and education experience as related to the Minimum Requirements
- Completed application
- 3 Letters of Reference
- Current resume